“A major reason for poor performance of many linguistic and ethnic minority children is that they are often taught in a language they struggle to understand. It limits their ability to develop foundations for later learning and negatively affects their cognitive development.” UNESCO
Last year, TCF built its very first schools in the Tharparkar district and plans to develop and implement a multilingual education framework first in these schools with potential to scale it across the province. This entails implementing a framework which potentially uses the students’ mother tongue and incorporates the regional language, language of common use (Urdu) and an international language (English) at various stages of a child’s schooling journey.
TCF has successfully completed the research phase, and now moving to the Second Phase of developing resources and capacity for the aspired multilingual education framework.
The incumbent will be responsible for Illustrate, design and develop layouts for storybooks. Develop the layout and design of textbooks, workbooks, teacher guides and other digital/non-digital resource material. Has the capability to contextualize the illustrations with Interior Sindh. Consumers of these resources include students and teachers.
- Illustrate storybooks for young readers as well as develop a layout and design for them;
- Lead the development of the layout and design of textbooks and other resources;
- Come up with innovative and interesting ways to present content in a manner that students find interesting and engaging;
- Use visual tools to organize information such that users are able to easily navigate the resources and retain core concepts and takeaways;
- Ensure that the layout and design choices in the books are consistent with TCF’s brand and values;
- Maintain a strong connect with the intended users – teachers and students – to understand what kind of content they find engaging and interesting. This would entail meetings with teachers and students and testing sample lessons with them;
- Create graphics and animations using a variety of tools, such as Adobe Illustrator, CorelDraw, InPage, etc.
- Collaborate and communicate with other developers, instructional designers, graphic artists, and print vendors;
- Collaborate with multiple departments on a range of projects related to the development of curriculum, student learning outcomes, testing and similar activities.
- Demonstrated ability using authoring, multimedia, and graphics tools (e.g., Adobe Illustrator, CorelDraw, InPage); candidate will be required to share work samples
- Creativity in illustration and design
- Passion to stay current on industry trends and related technology
- An understanding of the basic fundamentals of design for print (preferred)