- Contract documentation: Ensures that all contract documentation is completed in a timely manner per the requirements specified by the grantor.
- Reporting: Work with the project team to develop all relevant financial and project reports, stock-takes, forecasts and updates per the contract with the grantor.
- External Audit: Work with the Education and Finance Managers, and the district managers to ensure that the external financial auditors and independent education experts are facilitated as needed during their audits.
- Contractor Relationship: Maintain a close liaison with the contractor team to understand reporting requirements, follow up on invoices, and address any audit or operational concerns in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Policy Manuals and SOPs:
- Work with the Project Director on the development of policy and SOPs in accordance with the policy, rules and regulations of the government.
- Verification and Validation of Data: Validate and verify all data being collected to ensure that it is correct, and reflects the reality on the ground, minimize error rates and work with the relevant departments to ensure that all digital data collection mechanisms remain live, and any errors are corrected in a timely manner.
- Team Training: Develop orientation and training programmes for the district and school teams to guide them on compliance requirements, and conduct refreshers and reorientation if there are changes in the requirements.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good understanding of local regulatory frameworks such as local government act, service rules, etc.
- Strong conflict management and risk assessment and mitigation skills
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Management, law or related field
3-5 years of experience managing large scale donor-funded projects preferably compliance experience