“A major reason for poor performance of many linguistic and ethnic minority children is that they are often taught in a language they struggle to understand. It limits their ability to develop foundations for later learning and negatively affects their cognitive development.” UNESCO
Last year, TCF built its very first schools in the Tharparkar district and plans to develop and implement a multilingual education framework first in these schools with potential to scale it across the province. This entails implementing a framework which potentially uses the students’ mother tongue and incorporates the regional language, language of common use (Urdu) and an international language (English) at various stages of a child’s schooling journey.
TCF has successfully completed the research phase, and now moving to the Second Phase of developing resources and capacity for the aspired multilingual education framework.
The incumbent will be responsible for facilitating General Knowledge resource material development, and designing training and assessment tools for Nursery to Grade 2, along with ensuring ECE principles have been carefully taken into account throughout pre-school.
- Aligning development of resource materials with ECE guiding principles from diverse curriculums and best practices
- Reviewing the development of leveled read aloud stories in Dhatki and Sindhi in light of ECE principles
Training Design and Implementation:
- Designing capacity building program for teachers, and carrying out its implementation
Assessment Design and Implementation:
- Developing indicators to evaluate the implementation of envisioned ECE program
Community Awareness and Engagement tools:
- Creating awareness among the community about the benefits of ECE and engaging community as resource during implementation
- Strong verbal, reading and written communication skills in Sindhi (proficiency in Urdu and English is preferred)
- Keen interest in observing the role of language in education, amidst the multitude of aspiration and context driven factors
- Enthusiastic about best practices in early childhood education, curriculum design, and literacy development
- Understanding of students context and role of progression in language development
- Strong computer literacy (MS Office, Powerpoint, internet navigation)
- Values inter-personal skills and has the ability to develop meaningful working relationships
- Community mobilization knowledge will be an added advantage