The DM will work with the Project Lead: Model School to develop curriculum materials and manage execution for the Education Department’s Model School Project, which aims to pilot an alternative system of primary education, focusing on inquiry- and play- based learning.
The DM will be the second-in-command of the Project. In this capacity, (s)he will:
- Mapping out of national, provincial and international curriculum documents to create a solid framework for primary education at TCF
- Map created content to this framework.
- Create a system of child-friendly assessment that can be used by teachers to track progress at the ECE level which maps to the created content.
- Work with principals and teachers in order to test and refine this system of assessment.
- Conduct online research to design creative learning activities, select appropriate media and stories, and find appropriate toys and materials for pre-primary classrooms.
- Create or adapt ideas for toys, stories, and activities to fit with the Model School context and curricular framework.
- Connect with experts in different fields to create outlines and ideas for non-academic curriculum.
- Research innovative modes of instructional delivery and pedagogical practices to transfer concepts to different types of learners.
- Visit the pilot school regularly to observe execution of created materials in actual classroom to gain formative feedback which will feed into improving the resources before they are rolled out in all TCF schools.
- Coordinate between various team members for compilation, delivery, and procurement of materials.
- Advise and Brainstorm with fellow team members on their projects.
- Ability to elucidate thoughts and ideas in clear, concise and easy terms.
- Ability to read and critically analyze data and situations.
- Ability to research and collate information.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office.
- Strong skills in reading, writing, and typing in Urdu.
- Strong advisor/partnering skills to work effectively with designers and program developers.
- Passion to understand and work with young children.
- Passion to work with underserved communities in the field.
- Interest in alternative education and project-based learning.
- Interest in DIY, arts, sports, and/ or gardening.
- Passion to stay current on educational content and teaching methods.