Literacy and Life Skills is a newly established department at TCF, set up to lead the program on non-formal schooling interventions for out-of-school-children in Pakistan, in the 10-16 years age bracket. The incumbent will be responsible for researching non-formal schooling interventions implemented in Pakistan and abroad and leading and implementing the monitoring and evaluation activities related to the program.
- Landscaping local and international context to identify non-formal schooling interventions (including curriculum and delivery channels) that may be applicable and scalable to the TCF context.
- Reviewing literature on non-formal schooling interventions to identify good practices in this area
- Conducting interviews with key informants as part of the research process for the program.
- Surveying needs and characteristics of out-of-school-children (10 – 16 years old) in selected locations to describe the target population for the non-formal schooling intervention program.
- Producing rigorous insightful analyses and reports; progress and results; briefing documents and project lessons learned.
- Developing and conducting monitoring and evaluation activities for non-formal schooling interventions.
- Assessing the success/efficacy of non-formal schooling intervention pilot.
- Writing the recommendation report based on findings of the pilot.
- Other activities related to the program
- Sound understanding of research methods and has solid analytical skills
- Experience of developing and conducting student assessments and working with other school-level and provincial data
- Cultural sensitivity and demonstrated ability to work successfully with diverse constituencies.
- Proficient in using MS Excel (Advance)
- Familiarity with data analysis tools such as SPSS and Stata (preferred)
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong command over English and Urdu