The Manager Research will work closely with head of Programme Evaluation & Research. The incumbent is expected to lead all research activities related to education interventions range from Early Childhood Education to School Management Systems. The individual is expected to lead and drive the research output of the highest quality, to resolve problems by using clear, strategic, and creative thinking. Research themes revolve around various aspects of education such as student learning, teaching methods, teacher training, and classroom dynamics.
- Researcher has ability and lead all actions related to research design in the following areas
- Quality of education intervention
- Personality development of students
- Transformation of behaviors and attitudes
- Effective school leadership and management
- Lead all activities in different stages of research such as designing, testing, and evaluating education interventions.
- Manager need to manage different stages in research such as: literature review, development of theory of change, design of evaluation methods, selection of indicators of study, data collection methods, and data management.
- Researcher need to design evaluations from different perspective for example
- Design research from learning perspective
- Design research from technology perspective
- Design research from curriculum perspective
- Design research from system perspective
- Design research evaluation, coordinate during evaluation process, pilot different research instruments, conduct qualitative research, refine study design and survey instruments, manage survey implementation, clean and analyze data, assist in the writing of project reports and policy memos, and coordinate with local teams running the programs being evaluated.
- Manage day-to-day research activities, from planning to implementation, and monitor quality. Document all activities related to the project and ensure all necessary protocols and procedures are followed.
- Write evaluation reports (technical) and policy briefs (non-technical) for research and keep senior management updated on the learnings.
- Knowledge of different theories of learning in education and related conceptual frameworks.
- Researcher ability to isolate socio cultural perspectives and critical perspectives in child development.
- Understand epistemology of knowledge and ability of design evaluation for each branch such as
- Transfer of knowledge
- Transfer of skills
- Transfer of attitudes and values
- Transformation from school to practical life
- Demonstrate working knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research in education.
- Cultural sensitivity and demonstrated ability to work successfully with diverse constituencies
- Ability to present information in an insightful and structured manner, both written and oral
- Have a research mindset to be able to research on the latest tools available for evaluation of different projects, and be able to communicate those results effectively.
- Self-motivating, team player, entrepreneurial mindset, versatility, and strong multi-tasking skills. Comfort in managing multiple tasks effectively requiring collaboration across departments and teams with minimal supervision.
* Individuals with less experience or Bachelor’s degrees with will considered for junior role only.