Literacy and Life Skills is a newly established department at TCF, set up to lead the program on non-formal schooling interventions for out-of-school-children in Pakistan, in the 10-16 years age bracket. The incumbent will be responsible for designing, managing and implementing activities under this program
- Develop theory of change for project activities by reviewing program documents and relevant literature.
- Develop design blueprint for non-formal schooling interventions program, focusing on the target population, curriculum and delivery channel.
- Develop curriculum and instructional tools for the non-formal schooling interventions
- Design policy framework and operational plan for non-formal schooling interventions.
- Develop and implement a teacher training program for non-formal schooling interventions.
- Manage fieldwork related to the project in both urban and peri-urban areas, including field visits.
- Present, summarize and report findings in a structured manner with visuals.
- Work independently, problem-solve, and enlist support when needed.
- Other activities related to the development and implementation of the program.
- Sound understanding of building a foundation of literacy (English, Urdu) and numeracy for primary schooling, from a teaching and curriculum perspective.
- Familiarity with life skills curriculum / life skills based education
- Has class-room teaching experience and some experience with designing student assessments.
- Ability to analyze and summarize information in a structured and comprehensive manner and using visuals.
- Proficient in using project management tools.
- Cultural sensitivity and demonstrated ability to work successfully with diverse constituencies.
- Strong command over English, Urdu and Sindhi (preferred).