• Teach foundation classes incorporating beginner level grammar, reading, writing and vocabulary
• Conduct regular classes with progressive improvement towards standard and advanced levels of proficiency.
• Improve students’ language proficiency with classroom interventions, strategies and content
• Develop the curriculum including student packs, assessments, readers, exercises etc.
• Develop lesson plans for classes, incorporating effective strategies and activities.
• Understand requirements of various aptitude tests to incorporate into curriculum and teaching strategies geared towards exam success and tertiary admissions.
• Design and check assessments and aptitude tests to ascertain student progress, provide student feedback and strategize for improvement
• Develop cultural components and activities for language improvement
• Contribute to student development activities which involve a language component
• Command over the English language; grammar, writing, speaking
• Good understanding of teaching methodologies and language teaching
• Experience/know-how with ESL would be a plus.
• Excellent communication skills to be able to work with teams and achieve multiple objectives
• A great work ethic and a knack for continuous improvem